Contract Histopathology at CBI
CBI provides contract histopathology, immunohistochemistry and pathology services to the biopharmaceutical industry. Whether preparing a single biopsy or a complete carcinogenicity study, CBI offers high-quality slide preparation, pathological evaluation and report preparation in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Our team of highly trained and experienced board-certified veterinary pathologists, skilled and detail-oriented technical personnel and full-time quality assurance staff are committed to providing the highest level of quality. All CBI studies are conducted within our laboratories, under the direct supervision of our pathologists, quality assurance unit and PhD-level scientific managers.
For preparation of histology and pathology studies for regulatory submission, CBI follows FDA, OECD, EPA, STP, NTP, MHW, FISA and EMEA guidelines. Our quality assurance unit audits all critical phases of GLP studies, and all phases of slide preparation are overseen by a board-certified veterinary pathologist, ensuring the highest quality slide preparation.
Our clients include pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, universities, colleges of veterinary medicine, NIH/NIEHS/NPT and other federal grant funded organizations, hospitals and basic researchers.
Histology Laboratory Capabilities
The CBI histology laboratory offers a wide range of preclinical contract histopathology and pathology research and development services spanning all aspects of paraffin, frozen and plastic slide preparation, staining and evaluation.
Our experienced ACVP board-certified pathologists interpret slides and prepare reports, which are key to a successful histopathology study. We work closely with our clients to ensure the highest quality science on our histopathology studies.
Histology Laboratory Services:
- All species including human, veterinary and laboratory animals
- ACVP board-certified veterinary pathologists
- Complete human and primate tissue bank, including a wide variety of human tumors, diseased and normal tissues
- Devices, plastic, resin and ground sections
- Digital image analysis, histomorphometry and photomicroscopy
- Frozen sections, cytology and smears
- High-quality and complete reporting, GLP
- Immunohistochemistry, immuno-fluorescence and in situ hybridization
- Routine and special histochemical staining
- Routine paraffin slide preparation: gross trimming, processing, embedding, sectioning, staining
- Special techniques including ocular, tissue/organ whole mounts, retinal whole mounts, brain mapping, gelatin techniques, stem cells and oncology
- Tissue cross-reactivity studies, GLP and research
Skillful and accurate interpretation of histology and pathology specimens is critical to consistent and accurate success in efficacy, pharmacology and toxicology studies as well as understanding disease mechanisms. Only an ACVP board-certified veterinary pathologist is qualified to make these assessments on tissues from both research and GLP toxicology studies.
Our board-certified veterinary pathologists have the experience and expertise to evaluate our in-house GLP and research studies as well as our contract histopathology, toxicologic pathology and peer review studies. We provide the highest quality pathology interpretation services and report preparation as well as photomicroscopy, immunohistochemistry and histomorphometric image analysis. Our GLP and toxicology pathology reports include data acquisition using FDA Part 11 compliant pathology data acquisition systems to collect and manage pathology data, thereby ensuring the highest quality assessment and reporting of pathology data.
- Digital photomicroscopy
- Expert reports
- GLP compliance in all phases
- GLP toxicology studies with all species including contract necropsy
- Image analysis and histomorphometry
- IND report preparation
- Pharmacology and efficacy studies
- Peer review studies
- Timely and cost-effective report preparation
- Validated, Part 11 compliant pathology data acquisition programs (StarPath)
Our state-of-the-art technology and extensive experience with biologics, antibodies, large molecules, small molecules and devices enable us to offer a comprehensive and sophisticated pathologic assessments and interpretations. These and other specialty pathology services provide you with the most flexible, cost-effective and timely product-specific resources possible.
- Acute, subacute and chronic toxicology
- Avian pathology
- Biomedical devices and implants
- Botulinum pathology
- Cardiac and pulmonary pathology
- Chemical carcinogenesis and co-carcinogenesis
- Confocal microscopy
- Diagnostic pathology
- Equine pathology
- Experimental and research pathology
- Experimental oncology
- Fish and exotic pathology
- General, experimental and applied toxicology
- Implant irritation and tolerability
- Laboratory animal pathology
- Liver and GI pathology
- Muscle and bone pathology
- Ophthalmologic pathology
- Pathology data analysis
- Pathology quality assessment
- Photomicroscopy, image analysis, histomorphometry
- Renal pathology
- Reproductive pathology
- Stem cell pathology
- Veterinary or farm animal pathology
- Wound healing
Members of The American College of Veterinary Pathologists
- DVM, PhD, Diplomate
- Experienced in all phases of toxicological and research pathology from discovery to NDA
- Highest quality reports delivered on time
- Over 100 peer reviewed publications
- Scientific reviewers for peer review publications
Images are acquired point by point and reconstructed with a computer, allowing three-dimensional reconstructions of topologically complex objects.