Digital radiography is a form of X-ray imaging, where digital X-ray sensors are used instead of traditional photographic film. Advantages include time efficiency through bypassing chemical processing and the ability to digitally transfer and enhance images. Also, less radiation can be used to produce an image of similar contrast to conventional radiography.
CBI offers on-site radiology services. X-rays are the light form (gamma rays) used to take a picture (radiograph). These are used to help diagnose a problem or disease in animal research.
Digital Radiology helps us identify:
• Arthritis, fractures, juvenile growth problems, or bone tumors
• Heart enlargement or congestive heart failure
• Pneumonia, asthma, bronchitis and other lung diseases
• Stomach or intestinal foreign bodies
• Organ enlargement or other forms of cancer
We offer digital radiographs at Comparative Biosciences, Inc. This provides the best quality films in a quicker time period. Digital radiographs also allow us to transfer our films to a specialist instantly when needed. We offer specialist consultation for any appropriate cases.
Please ask our staff if you have any questions about our radiology services or specialist consultation.