Comparative Biosciences currently has an opening in the following position.
Comparative Biosciences, Inc. is seeking to recruit a Research Associate. The ideal candidate will possess the technical expertise to function effectively in a GLP toxicology and drug development environment, supporting study directors by implementing and coordinating biomedical R&D studies and meeting study specific time lines. The right candidate needs to possess good problem solving skills, a good understanding of study techniques, and excellent planning and communication skills. The position may be filled at either the Research Associate I or II level depending on qualifications and experience of the candidate.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Dosing animals.
- Observing and recording baseline and experimental findings in animals.
- Preparing for and performing minor surgical procedures with supervision.
- Necropsy of animals.
- Understanding and complying with SOPs, GLPs, and other applicable regulations.
- Some animal husbandry as needed.
- 0-5 years experience working in a pharmaceutical, biotech or contract research organization, preferably in preclinical development.
- Basic knowledge of animal handling in a biomedical research and development environment, e.g., rodent, rabbit, large animals.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Education: BS degree in a biological sciences field
- Certification by AALAS as an Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician (ALAT) or higher within the first twelve months of employment.
- Experience: 3 or more years of experience conducting in-life pharmacology, pharmacokinetic, surgical, and/or toxicology studies and performing necropsies and data collection in GLP and non-GLP environments.
- Certification by AALAS as a Laboratory Animal Technician (LAT) or Laboratory Animal Technologist (LATg).
Comparative Biosciences, Inc. is committed to increasing the diversity of our organization. Comparative Biosciences, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage women and minorities to apply.